Tuesday 25 March 2014

Year Listing.

I, like many other birdwatchers, love indulge in the art of year listing. Most of  you who happen across this blog and decide to read on, will know what this is. However, to the uninitiated, it is as simple as this. You see a bird, you 'tick' it off the list. You may do in any number of ways, but I'm old school, so I simply write it in a note pad. Today's date is March 25th 2014, and my list stands at 130. It was 129 until, looking through it, I noticed a clerical error. I have seen many, many Brent Geese on at least 3 occasions and not listed them! SCANDAL!!! But it gave me another tick, so problem solved!! 130, it must be said, is not a mind blowing number. The hardcore listers will scoff and say, "I had that in two days". My response is thus, well done....  :-|

My early posts will be about bringing the blog up to date, do that my listing goes live (so to speak).

Incidentally, 2014 is only my second year of listing. Last year I ended with 166. If you think that's bad, I can explain. I lost three months due to knee surgery (and subsequent blood poisoning), and for the first two months of the year I didn't have a scope! This year I'll be happy to beat last years total, do that is my goal!

Next Post - New Years Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment